To protect your health, your classmates’ health and to be compliant with the New York State (NYS) Public Health Laws, all students MUST provide the mandatory health requirements.
New York State Public Health Law requires that all students registered for six or more credits show proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) and either have the meningitis vaccination within 5 years or decline it. Non-compliance with this law will result in student withdrawal from class. Persons born prior to January 1, 1957, are exempt from this requirement.
DUE DATE: AUGUST 1 (Fall Admission) JANUARY 1 (Spring Admission)
Send all health requirements to:
- SUNY Poly Wellness Center, 100 Seymour Road, Utica NY 13502
- Fax: (315) 792.7371
- E-mail: email@example.com (please note: e-mail is not a secure communication method)
Questions? Please call: 315-792-7172
Mandatory Health Requirements - All students registered for 6 or more credits, born on or after 1/1/57 must provide health documentation.
Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR)
- Measles -Two dates of immunization on or after the first birthday or date and results of positive measles titer
- Mumps - Date of immunization on or after the first birthday or date and results of positive mumps titer
- Date of immunization on or after the first birthday or date and results of positive rubella titer.
- Meningitis (ACWY) – One date of immunization within the last 5 years
- Completed AND signed Meningococcal Information Response Form indicating acknowledgement of meningococcal disease risks and refusal of meningococcal meningitis immunization signed by the student (or student’s parent/guardian if under 18 years old).
The Meningococcal Information Response Form MUST be returned IF vaccine documentation by a healthcare professional is NOT provided.
- All students taking 12 or more credits must provide a physical examination completed within the last 2 years by either a physician, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant. A physical exam is required for all part-time students that utilize services at the Wellness Center.
Certain students have specific health requirements.
- College of Health Science Students - Nursing Department & Health Information Management students are required to send ALL your health requirements to the Wellness Center. We work collaboratively with the College of Health Science Department staff regarding the health requirements to attend college and the additional health requirements as a healthcare provider.
Health Requirements for College of Health Science Students (pdf)
- Student Athletes - Please send ALL your health requirements to the Wellness Center AND up load them into the Athletic Department software Privit. Please reference this website for details: http://wildcats.sunypoly.edu/information/athletic_training/2017-18_AT_Docs/2017-18_Medical_Forms_Page
- Online Students - Students registered for 100% on-line courses AND will not be on campus, compliance is NOT required. However, hybrid courses indicate that you may be on campus, thus 6 or more hybrid credits require compliance with these health requirements.
- Transfer Students - Health records are not automatically forwarded with your academic transcript. You must request your health records be sent to SUNY Poly Wellness Center.
Where can I get my health records for SUNY Poly?
- Ask your healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant) to either provide you a copy or request that they send us a copy of your health records. Your healthcare provider’s office may request that you complete a “Release of Medical Information” letter permitting them to share your health information. Health documents should be sent to the SUNY Poly Wellness Center.
- Ask your former high school or college to send your immunization documents to the SUNY Poly Wellness Center. These records must be kept for at least seven years.
- If you are serving or have served in the military, please provide us your health records. It is not uncommon for a delay in receiving your health information from the military. We need to know this. Please contact our office and we will work with you to meet the health requirements.
Where do I send the health requirements?
All students should provide all their health requirements to the SUNY Poly Wellness Center. Student athletes also need to upload them in the Athletic Department’s portal Privit.
On campus: Campus Center, Suite 217
Mailing address: SUNY Poly Wellness Center, 100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY 13502
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: e-mail is not a secure communication method.