Files can be copied from your local computer into your SFS public_html folder using several different methods and applications. A secure file transfers using a program like SSH or WinSCP are recommended.
Office computers have a mapping to their SFS home directory, \\files.sunyit.edu\(your SitNet ID). This mapping is found in My Computer. When it is opened, files can be dragged and dropped or copied and pasted into the SFS public_html folder
Instructions to copy a file into SFS web directory using SSH
- Start up SSH.
- The Host name is ftp.sunyit.edu, User Name is your SITNet ID username. Click Connect.
- Enter your SITNet password and press Enter.
- When you get connected, click Quick Connect.
- Open the public_html folder in the Remote System (in the window on the right) by double clicking on it.
- Select the file you want to copy from the Local system (window on the left) into public_html (window on the right).
- Drag and drop the highlighted file into the public_html folder window.
- Files in public_html cannot contain spaces and must be renamed. Either omit the spaces or replace them with dashes or underscores. (e.g. important news.doc is renamed to important-news.doc). Right click on the file to bring up the Rename command.
- Click File/ Exit then OK to logout.