- Emergency Response Team Technician - Colleges of Nanoscale Science & Engineering, SUNY Polytechnic Institute 2012-Present
- Process Operator / Emergency Response Team Alternate Lead - Colleges of Nanoscale Science & Engineering 2008-2012
- Production Operator / Manpower Planner / Emergency Response Team - Owens Corning 2004-2008
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)
Responsibilities at CNSE
As an Emergency Response Team Technician, Mr. Bender responds in an effective and efficient manner to chemical, fire, medical and other emergency incidents site wide, working effectively with both internal and external response partners. He maintains response readiness at all times in preparation for routine and high stress incidents through team development, equipment maintenance and instrument calibration. Documents incidents and maintain computer and written records as required.
Mr. Bender is also responsible for Procurement for the Emergency Response Team along with managing and maintaining the Emergency Response Team Incident database. As an ERT Lead, Tim is also involved with training, leading and directing the Emergency Response Team core members while being responsible for containing and eliminating the immediate hazard to life, health, environment and property.