Areas of Technical Interest
- Communication Systems
- Audio and Speech Processing
- Signal Processing
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1998
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Clarkson University, 1987
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Clarkson University, 1985
- A.S., Engineering Science, Mohawk Valley Community College, 1983
- Thomas Yang, Douglas Smith, Daniel Benincasa, “I/Q Imbalances in QAM Communication Systems with Multi-Antenna Receivers and IF Architecture, SoutheastCon 2018
- Clifford Hopkins, Daniel S. Benincasa, Roy J. Ratley, John J. Grieco, “Evaluation of Voice Stress Analysis Technology”, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, January 2005.
- Daniel S. Benincasa, Stephen Smith, Megan Smith, “Impacting the War on Terrorism with Language Translation”, IEEE Aerospace Conference, March 2004.
- Jereme Lovekin, Robert E. Yantorno, Daniel S. Benincasa, Stanley J. Wenndt, “Developing Usable Speech Criteria for Speaker Identification Technology”, International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), May 2001
- Daniel S. Benincasa, Michael Savic, “Voicing State Determination of Co-channel Speech”, International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), May 1998.
- Daniel S. Benincasa, Peter W. Barber, Jian-Zhi Zhang, Wen-Feng Hsieh, Richard K. Chang, “Spatial distribution of the internal and near-field intensities of large cylindrical and spherical scatterers”, Applied Optics, Volume 26, Issue 7, 1348, April 1987.
- Method and apparatus for embedding data in audio signals, Kaliappan Gopalan, Daniel S. Benincasa (Issued on 25 April 2006, U.S. Patent Number 7,035,700)
- Method for improving speaker identification by determining usable speech, Robert Yantorno, Daniel S. Benincasa, Stanley J. Wenndt, Brett Y. Smolenski (Issued on 13 February 2007, U.S. Patent Number 7,177,808,)
- Research Consultant, Sand Ridge Consulting, Barneveld NY, 2005 - Present
- Electronics Engineer, United State Air Force Research Laboratory / Rome Research Site, Rome NY, 1987 – 2001
- Member of the Technical Staff, Bell Communications Research, Red Bank, NJ , 1987 -1987
Relevant Courses Taught
- ECE 251 – Digital Logic Design
- ECE 252 – Microprocessors
- ECE 260 – Electrical Circuits I
- ECE 360 – Electrical Circuits II
- ECE 323 – Electromagnetics