SUNY Polytechnic Institute ID Card
How can I get my ID card?
Go to the College Association Office on the second floor of Kunsela Hall – Room A217 and present photo identification. The office is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. during the fall and spring semesters while classes are in session and Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. - Noon when classes are not in session.
Why do I need an ID card?
Your ID card is your official SUNY Poly identification. This card is required by many offices prior to obtaining services.
What can I use my ID card for?
• Access your Resident Dining Plan at the Campus Center Dining Hall.
• Purchase meals with your Meal Plan Debit Points.
• Purchase meals with your Wildcat Dollars.
• Entry into your residence hall.
• Bookstore purchases with Wildcat Dollars.
• Vending purchases with Wildcat Dollars.
• Off-campus purchases with Wildcat Dollars at participating vendor locations.
• Access to Health & Wellness Center services.
• Access to the Wildcat Field House fitness center.
How can I find my current balance in my Wildcat Dollars or Meal Plan Debit Points account?
Access your account online at get.cbord.com/sunypoly or from your smart phone at get.cbord.com.sunypoly/mobile. College Association staff can help if you have questions.
If I lose my card or if it is stolen, what do I do?
Report your lost card immediately via get.cbord.com/sunypoly. This will inactivate your card so no one else can use it. File a SUNY Poly card report with University Police. Bring the SUNY POLY CARD REPORT to the College Association Card Office during regular business hours Monday through Friday. A replacement card will be issued – the replacement card fee is $25.
What happens if my card no longer works?
If the card no longer works and there is no obvious damage, the card will be replaced at no charge. If the card is damaged you will have to pay a $25 replacement charge.
Can my parent go online or phone the College Association Office to add money to my account with a credit card?
Yes, visit us online at get.cbord.com/sunypoly or call us at 315-792-7341. Visa, Master Card, and Discover are all accepted.
Questions about your Wildcat Card?
Email them to: email@example.com
What is the difference between Wildcat Dollars and Meal Plan Debit Points?
|Meal Plan Debit Points||Wildcat Dollars|
What can I use Wildcat Dollars for?
• To purchase textbooks and other merchandise/snacks in the SUNY Poly bookstore
• Buy food in any campus dining facility
• Purchase snacks and soda from vending machines
• Purchases at participating off-campus vendors
If I have money in a Wildcat Dollars account, can I get my money back?
See the Wildcat Dollars policy for details.
Can I use my Wildcat Dollars off campus?
Yes. You are able to use Wildcat Dollars to make purchases at participating vendor locations.
Should I use my Wildcat Dollars or Meal Plan Points for food on campus?
You should always use Meal Plan Points first, because food is not taxed when it is purchased with Meal Plan Points. Card readers in all campus dining facilities are programmed to look for Meal Plan Points first, and then Wildcat Dollars if your Meal Plan Points are exhausted.
How can I find my current balance in my Wildcat Dollar account?
Go online to get.cbord.com/sunypoly or contact the College Association Office.
How can I add money to my Wildcat Dollars account?
Wildcat Dollars can be added to your SUNY Poly Card in one of three ways:
- at get.cbord.com/sunypoly
from $10 to $500 with a credit or debit card
- at the College Association office, Kunsela Hall A217
cash, check or credit/debit card accepted
- through Banner Web at the start of each semester
for up to $700 from your available financial aid account
At the start of each semester, Wildcat Dollars may be purchased online through Banner Web – Student Services – Wildcat Dollars. An optional charge can be requested to be added to the student’s account in an amount equal to the available excess financial aid on the account up to a maximum amount of $700 (the financial aid cost of attendance for books and supplies). This option is not available if the student does not have excess financial aid. This process replaces the book voucher process.
Can I change my dining plan?
All resident students are required to be on a Resident Dining Plan. Meal Plan changes are allowed up to the first Friday of the first week of classes. Contact the College Association Card Office at (315)792-7341 or stop by the office in Kunsela Hall – Room A217 to make meal plan changes. If you need to change your dining plan due to medical restrictions, please contact Jo Ruffrage – Director of the Health and Wellness Center 315-792-7172.
Where can I get dining hall hours of operation and weekly menus?
Visit us online at sunyitdiningservices.com.
Can I use Wildcat Dollars in the dining halls?
Yes, but that would generally not be in your best interest if you have not exhausted all of your meal plan debit points first because Wildcat Dollars are taxable. If purchasing with Wildcat Dollars you need to inform the cashier.
What happens if I have money left at the end of the semester in a Meal Plan Points account?
Your balance can be carried over from fall to spring semester if you return as a student in the spring semester. Balances do not carry over from spring to fall due to NY State tax regulations.
Who do I call if I have a question about dining services?
Call the Dining Services Office located in the Campus Center at 315-792-7156.
How can a visitor eat on campus?
The Resident Dining Plans include Meal Plan Debit Points. You may purchase items for your guest using your Meal Plan Debit Points or Wildcat Dollars. Cash is accepted at all dining facilities on campus.
If I am a commuter student, what are my dining options?
Commuters may select from three commuter meal plan options. Go directly to the College Association Card Office to select a commuter meal plan. A charge for the meal plan will be placed on your Student Account. Commuters may also choose from the Resident Dining Plans.
Meal Plan Debit Points
Where can I use my Meal Plan Debit Points?
Meal Plan Debit Points may be used in all dining facilities.
Can I use my Meal Plan Debit Points off campus?
No. Meal Plan Debit Points may only be used on campus and only for food service.
Should I use Wildcat Dollars or my Meal Plan Debit Points for food?
You should always use Meal Plan Debit Points first, because food is not taxed when it is purchased with Meal Plan Debit Points. Card readers in all dining facilities are programmed to look for Meal Plan Debit Points first, and then Wildcat Dollars if your Meal Plan Debit Points are exhausted.
How can I find my current balance in my Meal Plan Debit Points account?
Go online to get.cbord.com/sunypoly or contact the College Association Card Office.
How can I add money to my Meal Plan Debit Points account?
Meal Plan Debit Points are associated with a meal plan. Additional Meal Plan Debit Points cannot be purchased. Instead students may purchase additional Wildcat Dollars.
If I have money in a Meal Plan Points account, can I get my money back?
No. Meal Plan Debit Points are carried over from the fall to spring semester provided the student returns for spring. Remaining Meal Plan Debit Points are NON-REFUNDABLE according to NY State tax regulations.
What is GET?
This convenient web service provides 24 hour access to Wildcat Dollar and Meal Plan Debit Point accounts. Sign on today at get.cbord.com/sunypoly and you will be able to view your account histories, deposit money, deactivate card services due to a lost or stolen card, and much more...
What can I do with a GET account?
- Deposit money in your Wildcat Dollar account.
- Review and print account history.
- Check your account balance.
- Deactivate card services due to lost card.
How can I sign on to use the GET site?
- Download the GET FUNDS mobile site on your smart phone or mobile device: get.cbord.com/sunypoly/mobile
- Select institution: SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- Sign-in with your SITNET credentials
- Add URL to homescreen for future use
Is there a charge to use GET?
Who can I call if I have problems with the GET site?
A staff member in the College Association Office located on the second floor of Kunsela Hall – Room A217 can assist you. Call 315-792-7341.
Where are machines located?
There are beverage and snack/candy machines in every residence hall and in all academic and administrative buildings.
Can I use Wildcat Dollars for vending?
Yes. Meal Plan Debit Points, however, are not available for vending.
How can I request a refund?
Call the College Association Office (315) 792-7341 and clearly leave the following information:
- The location of the vending machine that did not serve you well.
- The type of machine, ‘Pepsi’, snack, water, juice, etc.
- The amount of money that was lost.
- Your name.
- Your phone number.
Please visit the College Association Office in Kunsela Hall, Room A217 to obtain your refund.
How can I report other vending machine problems?
Call (315) 792-7341.
Where can I get Bookstore hours of operation?
Regular hours are Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. when classes are in session.
Visit us at sunypoly.edu/bookstore for more information.
What are my payment options?
The bookstore accepts cash, credit/debit cards including: Mastercard, VISA, Discover; Wildcat Dollars, check or money order.
Can I get a refund on a textbook or merchandise purchase?
All returns must be accompanied by cash register receipt.
- All sale items and promotional items are non-returnable.
- All returns must be accompanied by cash register receipt within the time allotted.
- All merchandise must be in new, unused condition, suitable for resale.
- No garments which appear to have been worn may be returned.
- Merchandise refunds will be made in the same manner as the original purchase. Cash for cash sale; charge credit for charge sale, Wildcat Dollar credit for Wildcat Dollar sale. No exceptions.
- Defective merchandise may be exchanged for the same item within a reasonable time.
When is textbook buyback?
Year round. Visit us at www.sunypoly.edu/bookstore for details.
When does the Bookstore have sales?
Check the bookstore for periodic sales.
What kinds of special services does the Bookstore offer?
Text Book rentals, digital books, gift cards and electronics. Special orders are always welcome.
Are there ways I can save money on my textbooks?
Yes! Here are some suggestions:
- When available, rent rather than buy your textbook; buy used textbooks; check for availability of digital books; lastly buy new.
- If you have a choice between buying a textbook package with a study guide or other items or just the textbook alone, make sure you need the extra items before buying the package. Publishing companies create packages as a great value for students, but if you don't need all the items, you can save more by buying only the textbook if it's available by itself.
- Be cautious about buying books on the web. Some online sellers promise huge discounts that don't actually exist. Be sure to compare prices for each book, and don't forget to add in shipping fees and possible sales tax. Online sellers may not be able to ship your books for weeks or may send the wrong edition. If you make a purchasing error, you may not be able to return the book for a refund.
- Throughout the term, you may be able to recover part of the purchase cost of your textbooks by selling those you no longer need back to the bookstore. Check with the Bookstore's buyback program to see which of your books are eligible for cash.
- Keep a close eye on your textbooks. Theft of textbooks is on the rise nationwide. Thieves target books to resell. Don't leave your books unattended, even in places like the library. If your books are stolen, report the theft immediately. Mark your books in an inconspicuous place so you can identify them as yours.