Admission to all SUNY Poly CNSE graduate programs requires an earned baccalaureate degree or equivalent in the physical, chemical, biological, or computer sciences, mathematics, or engineering. A minimum GPA of 3.0 (out of a maximum of 4.0) is strongly recommended.
Application Materials Checklist
To apply submit the following materials to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions Office, 100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY 13502
- Online Application for Graduate Admission with a $60 application fee*
- Official transcripts from colleges previously attended
- Three academic or professional Reference Report Forms (Faculty can also include letters of recommendation with the report form)
- Share this link if you would like your recommenders to be able to submit an electronic reference for you
- Statement of Purpose Form
- Résumé (can be submitted via email to email@example.com)
- Submission of a GRE General Test score is strongly recommended but not required. CNSE evaluates all aspects of the application therefore a minimum score is not identified. (The SUNY Poly school code for score reporting is 2896)
* The application fee is waived for: US Veterans | SUNY Poly alumni & current matriculated undergraduate students
International applicants are required to submit the following additional materials:
- Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit an official score report for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) demonstrating a minimum score of 100 (internet-based), 250 (computer-based) or 600 (paper-based) OR the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score of 7.5.
- Complete financial affidavit form with appropriate certification.
Application Deadline: July 1 for fall admission | December 1 for spring admission
* PhD applicants for fall admission are encouraged to apply by Feb 1 for funding opportunities.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials have been received by the deadline.
SUNY Poly reserves the right to close admission at any time prior to the application deadline.