All applicants to the CAS Transformational Leadership in Nursing program must possess a masters’s degree with a major in nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program with a minimum 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale). NYS applicants must possess a current unrestricted, unencumbered license as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) in New York State. Out-of-state applicants must possess a current unrestricted, unencumbered license as a Registered Professional Nurse in their respective state.
(All applicants are required to report all licenses/registrations in all jurisdictions and/or states in which a license/registration is or has ever been held, including any registrations through occupational licensing boards or emergency medical services that the applicant holds or has ever held. This includes any active or inactive licenses/registrations that have ever been encumbered, disciplined, sanctioned or terminated at the time of application to the graduate program.)
All applicants must demonstrate evidence of the equivalent of at least 2000 hours work experience as a RN by the start of the first semester of study. All applicants must demonstrate successful completion of an undergraduate course in basic statistics with a grade of C or better.
International Applicants Only: International Applicants must possess the equivalent of a master's degree in nursing. (Foreign transcripts must be professionally translated and evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.) International applicants must possess the equivalent of a current unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in their respective country.
To apply submit the following materials to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions Office, 100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY 13502:
- Online Application for Graduate Admission with a $60 application fee*
- Official transcript(s) from colleges previously attended reflecting completion of both a BS in nursing and an undergraduate statistics course
- Two academic or professional Reference Report Forms (pdf)
- Share this link if you would like your recommenders to be able to submit an electronic reference for you
- Writing Sample adhering to specific guidelines
- Professional Experiences Form
* The application fee is waived for: U.S. Veterans | SUNY Poly alumni & current matriculated undergraduate students
Application Deadlines: July 1 for fall admission | December 1 for spring admission
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials have been received by the deadline.
SUNY Poly reserves the right to close admission at any time prior to the application deadlines.